Friday, December 21, 2018

Be strong! Be courageous! For the Lord your God...is on your side!



Early this morning I'm outside, sipping coffee, and praying. It's chilly, the skies are grey and so is my mood, Today I'll attend the funeral Mass for a friend's husband who lost his battle with cancer.
I feel sad. I feel lonely...but God won't leave me there...
My phone dings.
A text pops up.
It's welcoming words from a dear friend. A holy friend. A just-what-I -needed friend! 
My heart jumps. A smile spreads across my face as I realize it's another 
gentle reminder: We may feel alone, but we are never alone.


Be strong and courageous! Do not be frightened, do not be dismayed. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.  Joshua 1:9.

No comments:

Post a Comment

From then on Jesus began to tell his disciples plainly that he had to go to Jerusalem , and he told them what would happen to him there. He ...