Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Making the Most of Now...



Just before Thanksgiving, I completed the latest rounds of ongoing cancer treatments.There were some rough days, but soon afterwards, things got better again. 

The best way to describe my health is to say it feels like an unpredictable wild animal lives inside me. On the worst of days, it's attacking; debilitating. On better days, it's simply crouched nearby, growling. At best...it's lying in the corner....quietly making its presence known...it's there...it's always there...ready to pounce...

I've learned to listen to its cues. I've learned to modify my life. I've learned what's important and what's not.

And I've got a dream. As crazy as it sounds, my book, My Emmaus Walk; True Stories of Faith, Hope and Inspiration, is calling me back into life. 

Recently, (with exceptions) I've been able to make a simple plan and that simple plan has been to speak to groups about the book's message...the glorious reality of the presence and the love of God in our everyday lives...because He's here, you know. .the good Lord is with us...here and now. ..always and everywhere...

Isn't that something worth shouting about? 

It's my passion. It's my life. It's my reason for being.

So, dear Larann Wilson, Steward for Children and Family Ministries at St. Mary Magdalen parish - a heartfelt "thank you" for the opportunity to speak to parents of the religious education classes earlier this month! What amazing work you're doing! What an engaging group they are! What a joy it was!

And to Oakmonte Village Assisted Living Facility in Lake Mary, for allowing me the privilege of reading excerpts from my book to a group of residents who gathered for the stories...thank you! thank you! How wonderful was that?!

And to the woman who bought a book for her daughter who was having a 'hard time' and she thought the book would encourage her. Aren't you thoughtful? 

And to the nurses in the infusion lab at the Cancer Institute who wanted copies of my book...what a blessing! Thank you! You are instruments in the hands of God in more ways than one. I pray the words in those pages bless all who read it.

I'm thankful for so much...for this stage of life, and for all it took to get me here. I'm thankful for my dear husband, Joe, and his unshakable support. I'm thankful for my daughters and my sons-in-law. I'm thankful for my grandchildren. I'm thankful for the blessing of my extended family. I'm thankful for my faith. I'm thankful for my friends. I'm thankful for my coworkers (yes, I still consider you that!) I'm thankful for the good times and even the struggles. 

And today, as I inch forward, I'm thankful for the dreams planted deep within. So, Josie, I look forward to speaking to your group next week. 

May God bless us all, as we fix our gaze on him.


And the God of all grace...after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm, and steadfast.   1 Peter 5:10




























No comments:

Post a Comment

From then on Jesus began to tell his disciples plainly that he had to go to Jerusalem , and he told them what would happen to him there. He ...