Thursday, June 22, 2017

Thursday's Thoughts

Years ago, I fell ill. Before I was admitted into the hospital, I randomly flipped open my Bible to this verse.

What I tell you now in the gloom, shout abroad when daybreak comes.
What I whisper in your ears, proclaim from the housetops.  

Matthew 10:27


Immediately, I knew I'd recover. It said "when" daybreak comes, not "if." And my shouting abroad? That was my writing.

During that illness, I wrote a reflection about how difficult it was to wait for good health to return on God's timetable, not my own. It became my first published piece.

And yes, daybreak did come.  Good health returned, and I kept writing.





No comments:

Post a Comment

From then on Jesus began to tell his disciples plainly that he had to go to Jerusalem , and he told them what would happen to him there. He ...