Thursday, August 10, 2017

Thursday's Thoughts

Years ago, our pastor asked me to lead a weekly bible study. My first response was, "How much time will this take?"

As he mentally calculated the effort needed to run the study, a scriptural verse popped into my head.

Christ was speaking to Simon Peter, but he may as well been addressing me:

Do you love me?
Feed my sheep.   John 21:17

I paused for a moment, but the verse resurfaced:
Do you love me?
Feed my sheep.   John 21:17

I waved my hands at my pastor, who was still deep in calculations. "It doesn't matter," I said. "I'll do it."

I don't know how this happened, but I led the study and I didn't feel any kind of a squeeze on my time. In fact, I actually felt I had more time than before. It was one of my best decisions....ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

From then on Jesus began to tell his disciples plainly that he had to go to Jerusalem , and he told them what would happen to him there. He ...