Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Are You Where You Want To Be?


Years ago, I walked into the church office and exchanged greetings with two fellow parishioners who were discussing how their golden years weren't so 'golden.'

One had been widowed recently. "I thought my husband and I would be enjoying retirement," she said. "I didn't want this."

"I never expected to be struggling with financial issues," said the other, a short woman with curly grey hair. "I thought these years would be fun and easy. This isn't my dream."

I agreed, complaining about how busy my life was, even now, after the kids were off at college. This stage of life didn't exactly meet my expectations either.

The conversation spiraled downward when suddenly I snapped to attention. What were we thinking?  We were women of faith. We were standing on holy ground. We knew better than this.

"Wait a minute," I said.

They looked at me.

"We really are where we want to be," I said. "We really are doing what we want to be doing."

One cocked her head. The other frowned.

"We want to be in the will of God, don't we? And if these are the circumstances He's given us, then we definitely are in the will of God," I said. 

"And if we want to do the will of God, then this is exactly where we want to be."    



This song helps pray my way into the will of God. I hope you enjoy it too. Click here to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

From then on Jesus began to tell his disciples plainly that he had to go to Jerusalem , and he told them what would happen to him there. He ...