Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Can You Believe This?

It's been a challenging week.

Cancer treatments resumed, delivering an unexpected punch. A distant relative betrayed me. I felt knocked down, and I wasn't sure I wanted to get up again. I'm tired of the fight.

My thoughts were spiraling downward:  If I can barely function while being on this treatment, and I need this treatment forever, what’s the point?

That got me feeling lonely, scared, and afraid.

So yesterday, while battling my fears, my husband and I sat outside, enjoying the sunset. Silently, I prayed for help. I needed a distraction...a good, effective distraction. 

Specifically, I was wishing we had something social to do.  I figured conversation and a waft of what's happening in someone else's life would be refreshing.

Suddenly, my phone rings. It’s dear friends...neighbors...Would we like to come over for dinner?  Right...Now..?

What? Really? Yes!

I was amazed. Unbeknownst to them, it was an answer to prayer.

I hung up. A gentle breeze fluttered through my hair and the air seemed filled with the sweet perfume of God’s incredible love. 


Suddenly, a song arose from deep within: "The Lord Hears the Cry of the Poor.”

In my desolation, God heard me.

"The Lord Hears the Cry of the Poor."

Yes, He does.

Round 2 of the cancer treatments begins today.

I'm back in the fight.

And I'm ready.

I forgive the distant relative.

The tune keeps running through my head: "The Lord Hears the Cry of the Poor."

My response?   "Blessed be the Lord."



Click here for the song  (Psalm 34)

No comments:

Post a Comment

From then on Jesus began to tell his disciples plainly that he had to go to Jerusalem , and he told them what would happen to him there. He ...