Monday, May 22, 2017

Gotta Get You Into My Life


As I continued my search for God, my prayer changed.

Instead of praying for specific outcomes, I became more interested in knowing what God expected of me. I wanted to know Him. I wanted to know His will for me.

I questioned every decision I made, especially my decision to continue business pursuits. Doubts plagued me. At the time, I was primarily a stay-at-home mom. I didn't need the money. Did God really want me working? Were my priorities wrong? Was I greedy?  I wanted the job, but more importantly, I had to know: Is this what God wanted me to do?

I struggled with those questions for what seemed an eternity.

Then one day, out of the blue, I got my answer. It was simple, yet direct. It left no room for doubt.

I was driving home from working at a downtown office when, approaching the highway ramp, I was awestruck by the beauty of the cloudless, blue sky. An overwhelming feeling of thankfulness arose and I bubbled with gratitude.

The words just came out: "Thank you, Lord, for such fun work. Thank you, God, that this job doesn't interfere with my family life, but rather enriches it. Thank you, Lord, for the wonderful opportunity."

Instead of questioning my circumstances, I thanked God for them. Suddenly, all was well.

Gratitude: Perhaps it was the very response He'd been waiting for all along.










No comments:

Post a Comment

From then on Jesus began to tell his disciples plainly that he had to go to Jerusalem , and he told them what would happen to him there. He ...