Thursday, November 16, 2017

Thursday's Thoughts



Then Jesus said to his disciples, 
"If anyone wishes to come after me, 
he must deny himself, 
and take up his cross, 
and follow me. 

For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; 
but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it."

Matthew 16: 24-25


My life hasn't returned to normal since chemo began in 2015. I'm still constricted by the debilitating side effects of the ongoing cancer treatments. Sometimes I just want to get on with my life. Sometimes I feel like I'm doing nothing meaningful. 

As I read this passage, I realize nothing can be further from the truth.

Maybe life isn't rolling out quite the way you expected either. Maybe you are facing unforeseen challenges. But we can find peace. 

We can surrender our will to the will of God. We can choose to carry our crosses...Joyfully. 

There, at the foot of the cross, we find meaning and peace.  

Soon I'll tell you how I read a book called The Joy of the Full Surrender and the impact it had on me.  

But, for now, I share this scripture.  

In a nutshell, it says it all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

From then on Jesus began to tell his disciples plainly that he had to go to Jerusalem , and he told them what would happen to him there. He ...